Free film school for Tower Hamlets residents.
ZOOM offers one year of professional support for those interested in a career in Film or TV, including:
- 6 weeks of practical filmmaking training, including the production of a short film.
- 3 mentoring sessions with a high-calibre industry professional.
- Accreditation (Open College Network credits in Film Production).
- Masterclasses and networking sessions.
- Paid placement and job opportunities.
- Bespoke career guidance and pastoral support.
- Travel and childcare costs.
- Residents of Tower Hamlets,
- aged over 18,
- from a lower socio-economic background, unemployed, in a low waged role, and/or claiming benefits,
- not in full-time education.
We particularly welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in the film/TV industry. This includes women, people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, disabled people, single parents, and carers.
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline: midnight on 8th November 2021.
Please complete an application form.
You can either apply online here:
download a physical copy and send it to us via email or post:
Send the completed form along with:
• 2x proof of address (dated within the last 3 months)
• A copy of your current CV
to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Four Corners, 121 Roman Road, London, E2 0QN.
If you have any questions regarding the course or application process, please get in touch.
Previous trainees have worked on prestigious film/TV productions including:
Star Wars Episode IX, Hobbs and Shaw, Sally Potter’s Molly, Idris Elba’s directorial debut Yardie, Mission Impossible: Fallout, Disney’s Pinocchio, alongside numerous music videos and commercials.
Previous ZOOM industry mentors include: BAFTA Breakthrough Brit and Four Corners' patron Ray Panthaki, BAFTA nominated actor, writer and producer and Four Corners' patron Charlie Covell, BAFTA winning editor Kristina Hetherington, BAFTA nominated writer Vinay Patel, award-winning filmmaker Ben Rivers, Femi Oyeniran, and Oscar winning producer Mia Bays.
ZOOM Film School is generously supported by London Borough of Tower Hamlets.