Our darkrooms first opened in 1978 and are still going strong.
The darkroom will take a summer break between 12 August - 6 Sept 2023
Today, our professional facilities are used by students and experienced printers alike.
Explore print processes, develop your latest project, and meet other analogue enthusiasts.
- Traditional black and white darkrooms.
- 32" RA4 colour print processor.
- 10 DeVere enlargers (35mm to 10×8 negative formats)
- Equipment to aid users with limited mobility.
- Labyrinth Photographic share the space, so darkroom members work alongside highly experienced professional printers.
To use our darkrooms you will need to become a member and have a short induction. Inductions can be booked by appointment.
Annual membership: £50 / £30 (concs)
- 15% discount on all pro services at Labyrinth Photographic
- 30% discount on all pro services at Bayeux
- 5% discount on paper and 10% discount on film and chemicals at Silverprint
- 10% discount on Four Corners film facilities hire
- 20% discount on Four Corners studio hire
- Concessionary Gallery Hire Rates
- 5% discount on Camerawork and Four Corners publications
- Invitations to Four Corners exhibition tours, talks and events
Discounts for longer hires
- 5 sessions or 5 days for the price of 4 if you pay in advance
- Sessions or days can be used anytime within your membership period
- Significant discounts are available on long term hires
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When can I have an induction
- 30 minute darkroom inductions are held on the first Saturday of the month but can be flexible in some circumstances. Inductions must be booked in advance. Please call 020 8981 6111 to book.
- What chemistry is supplied?
- Multigrade Dev, Stop & Fix is provided for traditional B&W printing which is included in the session fee.
- Do you provide chemistry for alternative processes?
- Liquid emulsion, Lith, Toners and Antiquarian processes etc, can be used in the darkroom but members need to bring these chemicals with them.
- What size masking frames do you supply?
- We provide 2 blade, Beard masking frames up to 20x24 inches.
- What are the biggest trays available for black and white printing?
- Max B&W trays/print size 20x24 inches.
- What type of colour processor do you have?
- 32 inch Autopan RA4 colour print processor. Dry to dry in 4.5 minutes.
- What is the maximum colour print size?
- Max Colour print size 30x40 inches (using Kodak corners).
- What is covered in the session fee?
- We supply everything except negatives and paper.
- How can I pay?
- Darkroom hire can be paid in advance by bank transfer.
- Can I book on the day?
- To guarantee a place, it’s best to book darkroom sessions at least 24hrs in advance.
- Is there a cancellation fee?
- A 100% cancellation fee is charged against all NO SHOWS.
- Can I hire the darkroom for film and photo shoots?
- Yes, please email email@example.com for more information.
- "The dark-room space provided at Four Corners was exactly what our team were searching for, the space is much bigger than it looks in the pictures and was perfect for our production. The team at Four Corners - especially Dave - have been great in communicating with us throughout the entire process and gave us a lot of freedom on the day." Navarro Aydemir, Senior Shoot Producer – ASOS Studios
"Thank you to Dave and his team at Four Corners for their incredible assistance and understanding in helping us with the Analogue Photography Course and Art Show. Their darkroom facilities and staff are first-class, both professional and affordable, possibly the best in town. We could not have done it without you. We will be back soon!” Giulio Mazzarini, Accumulate Art School for the Homeless